Energy Balls Recipe
- 100g (1/2 cup) almonds or cashews
- 200g (1 cup) dates (medjool dates can be used without soaking, deglet
- noor dates should be soaked in hot water for 2-3 minutes first)
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 ½ tbsp nut butter
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Pulse the almonds/cashews in the food processor until they are nicely crushed.
- Add the dates and coconut oil and pulse until it’s fully mixed
- Add the nut butter and cacao and then mix again in the food processor.
- Take a tablespoon of the mixture and roll into a ball. Continue doing this until the mixture has finished.
- Place the rolled balls into the freezer for around 1 hour, then remove and store in an airtight container in the fridge.
You can substitute desiccated coconut or sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds or linseeds for some of the nuts if preferred.
Recipe kindly supplied by Katharine Kerr